Monroe Law Office – Attorney At Law, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury Boise

Services we offer:

  • Help with wage replacement benefits
  • Help with Medical bills and care
  • Impairment benefits 
  • We’ll help with benefits if you cannot return to your time of Injury job
  • Free Consultation
  • No Fee without Recovery


Answer: If you suffer an on the job injury, your employer is required by law to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits with the Idaho Industrial Commission.

Answer:When a worker is injured on the job, he or she needs to immediately notify a direct supervisor or designated person about the industrial accident and injury.  Most companies have policies for reporting accidents that need to be followed.  It is important that you request that an accident report be filled out and that you are given a copy of the accident report for your records.

Answer: An injured worker must notify his or her employer of an industrial accident as soon as practicable, but not later than 60 days from the date of the accident.  For occupational diseases, the injured worker must notify his or her employer within 60 days of the first manifestation of the occupational disease which is when he or she knows that she has an occupational disease or when a qualified physician informs the injured worker that he or she has an occupational disease.

Answer: Generally speaking, an injured worker must give his or her employer written notice of an industrial accident and injury, or occupatiobal disease.  Under certain circumstances, written notice may not be necessary.

Answer:   If an employer refuses to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits, he or she can file a claim by submitting a First Report of Injury (Form 1) to the Idaho Industrial Commission.  A Form 1 can be found on the Idaho Industrial Commission’s Website.  An attorney can also help file a Form 1.

Answer: A claim for workers’ compensation benefits must be filed within one year of an industrial accident.  For an occupational disease, a claim for workers’ compensation benefits must be filed within one year after the first manifestation of the occupational disease.

Answer:  Under Idaho law, an employer has the right to choose what doctor treats an injured worker for on the job injuries.  This doctor is called the “treating physician.”  Generally speaking, if an employer allows an injured worker to see his or her own doctor, that doctor becomes the injured worker’s treating physician.  If you need to see a specialist or a different doctor, any referral must come from the treating physician.

Answer: Generally speaking, an injured worker is entitled to receive temporary total disability benefits or TTD benefits during his or her period of recovery from an injury when the injured worker’s treating physician requires them to remain off work while receiving treatment and recuperating from their injuries.  If the treating physician has released the injured worker back to work with temporary work restrictions during his or her period of recovery, the injured worker is entitled to TTD benefits if his or her employer does not provide light-duty work within the temporary work restrictions and there is not similar work available to the injured worker.

An injured worker is not entitled to TTD benefits for the first 5 days of disability for work unless the injury results in disability of more than 2 weeks or the injured worker is hospitalized as an in-patient.
TTD benefits are calculated at 67% of a worker’s average weekly wage for the year preceding the accident (excluding overtime and premium pay ). In addition to numerous variations and complications in calculating the worker’s average weekly wage, the TTD rate is subject to various minimums and maximums prescribed by statute.

*This information is intended as general information only and is not intended as legal advice.  If you have specific questions regarding your case, please contact our office.